Top Floor Harbourside Apartment – Bldg 7 – 302
OPEN HOUSE JUNE 10, 1:00-3:00, HARBOURSIDE’S COMMON HOUSE, 6681 Horne Rd, Sooke, BC
Spectacular Panoramic Ocean Views from this Top Floor Unit
This water view residence features:
- 832 sq ft top floor unit in a 3 storey accessible building
- Configured as 1BR w/ option for 2BR
- Vaulted 12′ ceilings & floor to ceiling front windows
- SunShade blinds on southern windows
- Spacious south facing deck
- In-floor heating, skylight & glass shower panel in bathroom
- Electric stainless steel appliances
Harbourside Cohousing, completed in 2016, is organized around principles of participation while living in a mutually supportive and collaborative manner where privacy is honoured but opportunities for friendly interaction abound.
Harbourside’s mission is to be a sustainable senior cohousing homeowner community that promotes healthy aging in place.
The community is most suitable for those enjoying an active lifestyle.
While strata-titled, all owners sit on council and all residents are welcome at council meetings.Owners enjoy a wealth of shared amenities:
- Residences are almost-new (2016) and constructed to Built-Green Gold standard
- Character-filled common house with a central great room for events and meetings, two kitchens, guest bedrooms, library, games/TV room, co-care suite, laundry, and office
- Gym and art/crafts rooms
- Wharf with boat moorage and kayak storage
- Bike storage
- Storage lockers
- Comprehensive garbage/recycling room
- Attractively landscaped grounds with dwarf fruit tree orchard, a variety of other plantings, composters for kitchen scraps and digesters for meat, bones and pet waste
- 1/31st interest in two undeveloped lots bordering the property
- Underground cisterns and water storage tanks keep water costs low
- Water metering and hot water heating costs are included in strata fee ($347/mo)
Easy walking distance to stores, banks, restaurants, coffee shops, and public library
A short (5 min) drive to local recreation centre featuring pool, skating rink, and exercise rooms.