Kelowna Cohousing will be the first cohousing community in the Okanagan region. We are a group of community-minded folk looking for a more connected, safe, and sustainable way to live. We meet monthly on zoom to collaborate on planning and events, as well as a monthly meeting for anyone interested in learning more about cohousing and/or our project.
A specific design is yet to be made, but we have a general orientation given these agreed upon features:
- Multi-generational community
- Pedestrian oriented
- Shared amenities – at minimum, a common house, children play area, & gardens – to foster social interaction
- Comfortable and quality private homes
- As sustainable and self-sustaining as possible
- Near services, jobs, and public transport options
- Good walkability out the surrounding neighbourhood
We are beyond excited to make these community plans into reality!
Our project is supported by the Okanagan Cohousing (OKC) non-profit initiative led by UBCO Professor, Dr. Gordon Lovegrove (PhD. Civil Eng.), which aims to facilitate the development of cohousing complexes throughout the Okanagan, BC. Okanagan Cohousing