Treehouse Village Ecohousing
Treehouse Village is composed of 30 households working together to co-develop a joyful, healthy, multi-generational cohousing community that lives lightly on the Earth. It is currently under construction with our members preparing for move-in early 2023! This will be…
- Atlantic Canada’s first cohousing community
- Its largest multi-unit residential Passive House construction
- One of Nova Scotia’s greenest neighbourhoods
Our project is situated on 15 acres of forested land in Bridgewater, a thriving town on the LaHave River in Nova Scotia — otherwise known as “Canada’s ocean playground”.
Highlights of Treehouse Village:
- Relaxed, affordable East Coast living
- A strong sense of belonging in a multi-age community
- Durable and ultra energy-efficient housing
- Centrally located in a walkable town
- Forested property bordering the Centennial Trail (an old rail line)
- Lots of major amenities nearby and hourly local bus service
- Schools and community colleges within walking or cycling distance
- Close to national and provincial parks, beaches and lakes
Treehouse Village is being built on the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq peoples. We are grateful to be building on this land. We will live in peace and seek means of reconciliation.
Visit our Website to find out more.