Learn about Lost Lake Cohousing in Nanaimo and identifying goals for our community’s design
Apr 19, 2022. 5:00 pm. PT | Nanaimo, BC - Zoom
Check out Lost Lake Cohousing!
Lost Lake Cohousing is a newly forming cohousing community in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We have 3 forested acres in North Nanaimo under contract at 5180 Universal Place, and we are gathering a multi-generational community to input on the design priorities in terms of goals that the design will achieve.
This discussion will set the stage for our Site Design workshop on April 23 and 24.
Members will be influential in shaping the culture of our community and experience the excitement of seeing the community being built. Our common denominator is that we all share a desire to live in a neighbourhood that fosters an active and supportive community lifestyle. We plan to share and enjoy many meals together in our common house.
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88307302296?pwd=cGJZcTB0V0pmckFxRkQ2cGFwQnE2UT09
- Meeting ID: 883 0730 2296
- Passcode: 561151
- Friday potlucks at 6pm at Pacific Gardens, 347 Seventh St. May include a tour of Pacific Gardens if folks are interested, or a discussion after dinner. We will be outdoors as much as possible, weather permitting.
- Sunday – Site Tours at 3pm at 5180 Universal Ave, when we do not have a Lost Lake Community development workshop. Walk the 3 acre oceanview lot, we normally do a lot of chit-chat, which extends it to about an hour.
- Tuesday Zoom calls at 5 pm provide a great chance for everybody to ask questions, with general information about cohousing and a chance to introduce ourselves.
- Tuesday, April 19 at 5pm will include discussions of the core group forming the Lost Lake Cohousing on goals for the community design, to help prepare for the April 23/24 workshop
- Starting in May, the first Tuesday zoom call of the month at 5pm will include discussions of the core group forming the Lost Lake Cohousing
- April 23/24 -. Site Design workshop at Pacific Gardens, 347 Seventh. We explore the community’s needs and interests, and look at ways to configure the site to accommodate the private homes, shared spaces, parking and other requirements. $600 registration per household (which will be applied to your unit if you decide to proceed). Email email@example.com to transfer funds or send a message indicating your preferred way to pay . Zoom also an option